Job Listing Detail
Listing Number: 8941-1213F
- Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
For more information contact:
Public Health and Human Services
800 Casino Creek Dr
Lewistown , MT
Phone: (406)538-7451 224
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
Public Health and Human Services
State Application Required:
Additional Salary Information: Part time position –Will be scheduled some weekend shifts. Varied Shifts, including day and evenings. Will work a minimum of 40 hrs in a 2 week payperiod, but will be scheduled to meet the needs of the department and may work as many as 80 hrs.
Part time position –Will be scheduled some weekend shifts. Varied Shifts, including day and evenings. Will work a minimum of 40 hrs in a 2 week payperiod, but will be scheduled to meet the needs of the department and may work as many as 80 hrs.
Works under the supervision of the Recreation Director, or his/her designee. Provides leadership services to residents in a variety of recreation activities that meet the residents' physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive needs and interests.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Criminal History Background Check
Driving Record Check
1. Facilitates recreation activities with individuals (1:1's), small and large groups that promote the physical, social, emotional, spiritual, and cognitive well being of the residents.
2. Documents residents’ progress on quarterly basis regarding changes as related to the recreation goals on the resident's treatment plan.
3. Plans, organizes and evaluates trips, outings, socials, dances, special events, picnics, craft groups, cooking groups, music activities, large and small group activities, etc.
4. Provides sensory stimulation groups, facilitates validation groups and provides 1:1 interaction for assigned residents as indicated on the care plans.
5. Works cooperatively with all departments and communicates schedule changes, special events, outings, dietary requests, and pertinent information regarding individual residents.
6. Operates a variety of equipment, including a 12-passenger bus, VCR, slide projector and other equipment as needed.
7. Keeps accurate up to date records of activity attendance.
8. Observes all health and safety precautions during activities to provide a safe environment for the residents.
9. Updates assigned daily board with daily schedule. Maintains and appropriately decorates assigned bulletin boards monthly.
10. Attends scheduled staff meetings.
11. Furthers professional growth through inservices, workshops, and assigned readings.
12. Facilitates funeral/memorial services.
13. Documents daily activity participation on participation record.
14. Performs related duties as assigned .
Work ranges from light to medium. Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching; talking, hearing and visual acuity are required in varying degrees. Escorting and some transferring of resident are required. Should be able to lift/move equipment and supplies and be capable of lifting 50 pounds. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Verbal ability is necessary to orient services to residents of varying levels of intelligence and interest. Manual and finger dexterity is required to teach arts/crafts. Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
Must have a valid State of Montana Driver's License.
Must have working knowledge of such activities as active game, arts/crafts, dance, drama, music, discussion groups, table games, exercise; must be familiar with methods and principles of leadership. Must be capable of moving light equipment in preparation for a variety of activities. Must be able to escort and assist residents to and from activities as well as during activities. Must be willing to work with the mentally ill geriatric resident. Must have a tactful, pleasant and friendly approach in dealing with residents, staff, and volunteers. Must be willing to work within the confines of an ongoing activity schedule.
High School graduation. One-year experience in recreation program, in a clinical setting is desirable.
Supplemental Questions: None Required
Additional Materials Required: None Required
State of Montana - 13 months ago