Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality inspections. Perform routine inspections on Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Backflow & Fire Pumps, testing, servicing and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturer's product line. Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment. Be familiar with NFPA 25 and 72 for code specific testing requirements.
Learn to complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices, such as laptop computers and/or hard copy. Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule. Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer. Make minor repairs and programming changes while under the direct authorized supervision. Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. 2 years experience in low voltage electrical systems
2. 2 years experience in fire sprinkler systems: wet, dry, deluge and pre-action.
3. Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, and specifications
4. Ability to read and interpret technical and parts manuals to diagnose and repair equipment.
5. Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage
6. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
7. Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
8. Must be able to work on lifts and ladders
9. Must possess hand tools
10. Must have a valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements
11. Must be Nicet II certified or able to obtain within 9 months of hire.
Tyco - 22 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...