The selected candidate will support the Des Moines Variable Compensation team within the Auto Subrogation Claims Organization. This position is compensated with a base salary as well as a variable pay based on monthly recovery performance. This position will report to Tim Reece and requires working one day, M-Th until 6:00.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and brings to a final resolution subrogation material damage claims files that involve liability and/or multiple defendant issues. Responsible for the disposition of claims in accordance with prescribed authority. Handles moderate to complex auto physical damage recovery files. Serves as training resource to other recovery representatives.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
1. Responsible for prompt and proper disposition of subrogation claims within delegated authority. Handles subrogation claims files that involve complex liability and multiple defendants issues. This may include any files in arbitration including complex cases or multiple tortfeasors and special arbitrations. Maintains productivity levels.
2. Evaluates legal liability and aggressively pursues, negotiates and resolves subrogation collection. Effectively applies claims and recovery best practices.
3. Refers files to manager that cannot be brought to conclusion via regular recovery efforts.
4. Evaluates each file for recovery potential.
5. Negotiates appropriate disposition of claims with responsible parties, their legal representatives or other insurance companies.
6. Communicates with insured, witnesses, attorneys, underwriters, claims and other parties to obtain/provide necessary information for recovery activities. Provides excellent customer services via communications with insureds for prompt return of applicable deductibles and/or out-of-pocket expenses.
7. Serves as technical and training resource to other recover representatives.
8. Serves on Arbitration panels.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
III. STAFFING EXCEPTION TO MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS MUST BE APPROVED BY
IV. JOB REPORTS TO (Title of immediate supervisor)
V. DIRECT REPORTS (List titles and bands of jobs reporting directly to this job)
0 Total number of employees that report directly and indirectly to this job.
Summary of Job Requirements:
Undergraduate studies. Professional development such as IIA or CPCU preferred. State licensing where required.
Five years subrogation/recovery experience, or related claims examiner experience preferred. Inter-company arbitration experience desirable.
. Investigation, negotiation and settlement activities utilized to resolve to subrogation claims.
. Subrogation/recovery practices and procedures.
. Property casualty claims processing.
. Claims and recovery best practices.
. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve conflict in any subrogation file.
. Ability to work independently.
. Written and verbal communication skills needed to effectively communicate and/or negotiate with policyholders,
claimants, agents and the public in general.
. Personal computer skills and ability to operate all related software.
. Ability to function in a team environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Normal office environment. Occasional non-standard hours. Limited travel.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...