Reporting to the Technical Services Manager for a Global leader in added value Food & Food Ingredient Manufacturing and Distribution category with a strong commitment to high quality product offerings, a dedication to innovation, brand leadership, and superior customer service. Responsible for oversight and supervision of the chemistry and microbiology laboratories. This position provides analytical and technical support to plant level operations and packaging personnel in a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation. The laboratory manager is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely analysis of incoming raw ingredients, processing aides, process control and finished product samples. Responsible for day to day management and review of laboratory data, troubleshooting testing issues, implementing procedures, training lab staff of 13 and effective communication with production, plant quality personnel and management. Participates in cause and corrective action process with plant personnel to address process deviations, off specification issues and customer complaints. Supervises the activities of the lab technicians and organizes work schedules to ensure resources are available as needed. Challenge is to continuously improve Laboratory processes and initiatives to achieve higher levels of productivity, efficiency and effectiveness while optimizing costs.
Background Preferred ( but not required):
- laboratory experience ( 7 years)
- laboratory supervisory ( 3 years)
- Schedules work of Lab Associates to ensure accurate & timely services for internal and external customers
- Monitors performance of routine lab analysis by subordinates &, as necessary, complicated testing issues
- Provides interpretation and evaluation of laboratory analysis.
- Works with Shipping Department to ensure external customer needs are handled properly.
- Directs year end & quarterly inventory for product loss.
- Prepares lab reports for process & others
- Develops new analytical methods
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of Environmental Practices and GMP guidelines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Laboratory Inventory Database ( LIMS)
- Computer: Microsoft Office working Knowledge: ( i.e. Word, Power Point, Outlook, Excel)
- Education: Masters Degree in Chemistry or related field
- Location: South East USA ( relocation assistance)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Food and Food ingredients
- Advanced degree in analytical chemistry
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
- Data collection and analysis
- Use Mathematical calculations
Practice Leader: Roz Kennon
Food & Beverage
Global Executive Solutions Group - 14 months ago
Global Executive Solutions Group serves clients in selected industries to meet their needs for skilled management. In order to provide the m...