PeopleSoft General Ledger / Project Costing Senior Consultant
USA-DC: DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Mar 6, 2013, 2:32:25 PM
CSC Opportunity: PeopleSoft General Ledger /Project Costing Functional Specialist - Senior Consultant
CSC is offering a great career opportunity with its Global Oracle/Commercial Practice. We are recruiting experienced, Senior Consultants with expertise in the PeopleSoft Financials General Ledger/Project costing.
· PeopleSoft Financials with heavy emphasis on General Ledger / Project costing modules
· Must have 3 FLC PeopleSoft implementations with strong hands on configuration of modules, and more FLC experience if a Team Lead
· Must be able to conduct FitGap, configuration workshops, walk-through module
· Must have good communication skills, writing configuration documentation, functional specs, training documentation, test scripts as required
· Must have some technical skills with PeopleTools and SQL query tools
· Must have ability to estimate work, status reports, update project plans
· Must have experience with FSCM 9.1 and PeopleTools 8.51
· Software capability: PeopleTools, Microsoft project, VISIO, SOL Developer or equivalent and Word, Excel, PPT (Microsoft Office Toolset)
· This candidate must have excellent communication skills, impressive presentation skills, strong configuration skills and integration knowledge and proven team leadership, project experience
· CPA credentials are preferred
Essential Job Functions
- Gathers process redesign requirements; coordinates and participates in development activities and support the testing and implementation of package-based application software (Business).
- Builds expertise in interface and data conversion requirements, capabilities and limitations, and setup and configuration issues associated with product modules in specialty area(s) (Business).
- Understands the purpose, roles and activities related to a solution demonstration lab (SDL) and participates in applying this technique to facilitate application design and implementation (Business).
- Develops working knowledge of the Catalyst-prescribed approach with respect to package-based development and equivalent vendor methodologies (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 3-5 resources (company, client and third-party resources), in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Maintains conceptual understanding of enterprise software package solutions and related implementation issues from a technical perspective (Technical).
- Establishes credibility at all levels within the client and builds problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues (Relationship Management).
- Assists sales staff in qualifying leads and generating proposals (Leverage).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal orals, client workshops and regional internal events; develops proposal sections, methodology work products and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Five or more years of consulting experience with business analysis and software product implementation
- Experience working with CSC Catalyst and/or equivalent client or product-mandated methodology
- Experience working with one or two product modules and associated business and technical integration issues
- Experience working with detailed product functionality and features within specific specialty area(s) and associated best practices
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or industry specialty areas
- Good skills in package-based development (PBD) concepts and activities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Willingness to travel
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...