As a world-wide leader in financial services, JPMC continually seeks leaders who can formulate and execute business and legal strategies to support a changing or growing business. The Collections Litigation Legal Group supporting the Chase Consumer and Community Banking lines of business is seeking an experienced litigation counsel to oversee and support collections litigation, to interface with our business partners, oversee and provide quality control for Chase pleadings and sworn documents, make strategic decisions on litigation and manage and supervise outside counsel. The legal position could be located in New York, New Jersey or Texas.
It is an exciting opportunity to provide support as a member of a legal team that will continue to improve and expand. The candidate must have superior litigation skills, strong multitasking abilities and be able to independently manage litigation matters from case referral to solution.
Duties: The responsibilities of the position include:
- Defining and executing litigation strategies
- Providing legal advice to the Consumer lines of business to ensure their effective use and navigation of the litigation process
- Overseeing the contents and execution of sworn documents filed in collections litigation
- Managing outside collections litigation counsel during the lifecycle of litigation matters, including providing strategic direction, and partnering with JPMC's legal oversight group in supervising outside counsel
- Handling and solving escalated issues raised in a broad variety of collections litigation matters
- Must have at least 6-10 years of litigation experience; consumer financial services litigation experience preferred
- In-house experience a plus
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Team player who can collaborate within the Legal and Business groups
- Analytical thinker who is independent/self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong sense of honesty and ethics as an officer of the court and dedication to protecting the reputation of JPMC throughout the litigation process
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
- Collections litigation experience
- Knowledge of federal and state courts
- Demonstrated experience with different laws (i.e., Bankruptcy and Consumer Fraud)
- Working knowledge of FDCPA, TCPA, SCRA, UDAAP and FCRA, and related debt collections laws
- Interest in consumer banking/lending
- Experience handling a wide range of litigation from small litigation matters to multimillion dollar cases
US-NY-New York-270 Park Avenue / 02317
US-TX-Houston-1111 Fannin / 01632
Office of the General Counsel
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase - 13 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...