As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We are currently hiring for one Senior Employee Relations Analyst opening. The position can be based at any one of the following six office locations: Coralville, Iowa; Chester, Virginia; Fairfax, Virginia; Lawrence, Kansas; Tampa, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona.
The Senior Employee Relations Analyst will take a business partner approach in leading the continued development of Employee Relations within the organization and is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, value added, consultative relationship with business leaders and HR team members to identify and resolve employee issues. This person will provide advice and counsel to lead management positions, manage conflict resolutions, policy development and focused management and HR training. This position will be involved in further development of metrics designed to measure the contribution of the Employee Relations team efforts.
Bachelors Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Conduct internal investigations, providing finding and recommendations to the Manager of Employee Relations, HR team and Management to resolve any allegations of harassment, including sexual harassment or discrimination; work closely with legal counsel when applicable.
- Lead the local HR teams while partnering with business groups on strategic restructurings such as reductions in force (RIF), unit closing, outsourcings, acquisitions and employee separations.
- Managing and administering a broad range of tasks including the interpretation and development of policies and procedures, facilitating training on key Employee Relations issues, and ensuring adherence to and proper administration of the Performance Management Process.
- Identifying trends regarding employee issues and developing comprehensive plans to mitigate risk to the business.
- Monitoring external and internal Employee Relations trends to ensure that these trends are considered when developing business strategies which have employee impacts and maintaining constant communication in providing related information the Director of Employee Relations.
- Effectively partnering and consulting with business partners throughout the organization to include Compliance, Safety, Security, Health Services, General Counsel's Office, and the HR team across all aspects and lines of business.
- Representing the company in mediations or legal proceedings, if needed.
- Serving as a resource and leader to HR team members and management across the organization, providing ongoing counsel and interpretation on complex ER cases.
- Tracking and conducting data analysis of trends and patterns that relate to the ER function—i.e. exit interviews, complaints, diversity, harassment, corporate culture, etc. Provide detailed trending reports to the Manager of Employee Relations.
- Analyzing data in terms of geography, lines of business, etc. and compare internally and to our industry. Identifying interventions that can alter negative trends and enhance those that are more positive.
- Participate in the creation of metrics/surveys that track cultural health of the organization and measure employee concerns and priorities; therefore proactively driving positive change.
- The ability to fill in for the Manager of Employee Relations in his/her absence for support, travel and other directives as required.
5-8 years of related human resources experience.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive HR experience. Seeking candidates who currently specialize in employee relations or candidates who have experience working in a Generalist/Sr. Generalist capacity with emphasis in employee relations.
- Experience and knowledge in: state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, as well as strong knowledge of HR disciplines around change management, training facilitation, presentation skills, consultative skills, and conflict management.
- Experience in conflict resolution, including the ability to act as a mediator and facilitator when required.
- Must be able to investigate and research information, analyze data in relation to the relevant employment laws, trends, policies and procedures, and use sound judgment to draw valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action.
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills; proven success building credibility and inspiring confidence at all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to maintain composure and objectively coach employees at all levels, concerning complex, highly sensitive and/or emotional issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in order to influence decisions without direct authority.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work in a highly dynamic environment is essential.
- Ability to travel and ability to obtain passport if international travel is required.
- Professional certifications (PHR and/or SPHR) are strongly desired. If candidate does not have a current certification must be willing to obtain and work towards one once on board.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 23 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...