As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers using Solaris 10 operating system. Perform System Administration, hardware fault isolation, repairs, installation, firmware upgrades and assistance with configuration management. Candidate should have some experience in troubleshooting network (servers, workstations and networks switches and routers).
Candidate must be capable to work shift work with little to no supervision (Shifts may include weekends).
1. Set up administrator and service accounts
2. Maintains system documentation
3. May program in an administrative language
4. Provides advice and training to end-users
5. Assist with ensuring the integrity and security of servers and systems
6. Install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot, modify and test electronic equipment and related devices
7. Applies technical knowledge to put equipment in operational condition and solve complex problems
8. Troubleshoots and corrects malfunctions using test and diagnostic equipment
9. Makes recommendations for improvements or modifications to correct problems
10. Provides operation/maintenance instruction to customer personnel
11. Prepares operating and malfunction reports and related documentation
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
13. Participates in special projects as required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications/training, or work experience.
An Industry Standard Certification is required, DoD 8570 certification required
2-5 years of directly related experience supporting systems administration and operations.
Experience in RAID Storage Arrays is preferred, along with CISCO router/switch configuration. A working knowledge of Sun Solaris 10 Operating Software, system administration skills and familiarity with AF DCGS applications preferred. Must have the ability to providing accurate and meaningful data to tier 3 support technicians and administrators, with the ability to work as a team member.
Applicants for this opportunity must have a US Government security clearance cleared for Top Secret information and granted access to sensitive compartmented information. Good Communication skills a must.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...