About the Opportunity:
- Circa's Operations Engineer will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of a full stack of scalable services, from web indexing and visualization to an API for the real-time delivery of content and metadata.
- You will expand our systems, in multiple regions, to keep pace with the company's growth and market needs.
- You will implement and refine our disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- You will tend to the security of our cloud resources as well as our LAN.
- You will perform ongoing analysis of systems and network usage patterns.
- You will make our systems faster and leaner.
- Minimum 2 years experience deploying scalable distributed systems.
- 3+ years Linux administration (Ubuntu preferred).
- Professional experience with a LAMP stack of some kind.
- Amazon Web Services experience is a must.
- Experience with Nagios, Monit, or other monitoring systems.
- Ability to write automation and maintenance scripts (bash and Python preferred).
- Practical experience with Automation and Configuration Management tools (capistrano, Puppet, chef, etc.)
- You've worked with Hadoop or other data warehouses.
- Experience administering at least two of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, or Riak.
- You've survived an AWS outage in your professional career.
- You're passionate about news and new media.
- You have a degree in computer science.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Open vacation policy
- Laid back and comfortable working environment with healthy snacks, plenty of delicious coffee, and more craft beer in the fridge than you can shake a fist at.
- Our office is an open, collaborative layout decked out tons of natural lighting, adjustable height desks, white boards galore, and a bunch of casual seating for when you don't want to be at your desk.
- Lounge separate from the work space for when you need to give your brain a little break
Goal: To build a best-in-class mobile news application that makes it easier for people to stay on top of what's going on in the world.
Who we are: We are a media company as much as we are a tech company and therefore we need to hire smart news folks to power an editorial product that is optimized for truth, encourages diversity and informs busy readers.
Team: The company was founded by CEO, Matt Galligan (SimpleGeo, Socialthing), CTO, Arsenio Santos (Sonic Living, Digg), and Ben Huh (Cheezburger Network).
Check out our promo video for our iPhone app here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-1iJ021ZY
Circa - 20 months ago