UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a full-time international referral liaison -spanish speaker to help support the International Patient Relation Department for its UPMC Presbyterian location. Assure proper translation of communication between the patient and family and any other UPMC employee throughout the patient's stay in the hospital and in Pittsburgh. Ability to demonstrate general verbal exchange, medical/surgical details, written forms and educational materials. Communicate any issues to be addressed to the Director and assists to resolve them. Fourty hours per pay/ 5 days but sometimes there is a need to work on weekend for emergencies.
- Consistently adhere to the UPMCHS goals of service excellence when interacting with patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Function as an ambassador for the international patient by facilitating their stay at UPMCHS and in Pittsburgh.
- Confirm all service related issues are identified and brought to the attention of the Director so that they can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Officially welcome the patient upon arrival to the airport, coordinates ground transportation, facilitates the admission process to the hospital system, and makes appropriate arrangements for housing of the patient's family.
- Provide the patient and family with the community resources necessary to insure that the patient's stay is as comfortable as possible.
- Translate and send correspondence between UPMCHS physicians and referring physician of the patient.
- Translate all educational materials, hospital forms and pertinent literature for the patient.
- Assist the patient finance coordinator to communicate any financial information to the patient correctly and clearly in order to facilitate the deposit of funds prior to rendering medical services and collection of outstanding funds after the treatment.
- Assist international patients in making appropriate travel arrangements, both to and from Pittsburgh.
- Coordinate the ground transportation and housing arrangement that best meets the patient's wishes with the Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinate and participate in improvement efforts with the director and other UPMCHS departments to ensure that the international patients receive appropriate, five-star, quality service.
- Assist the director in recruiting volunteers and updating the language bank.
- Aid in developing foreign language resources for use when International Referral Liaisons are not available.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the physician representatives for each clinical service receiving international patients.
- Assist in the collection of information to track international patients throughout the UPMCHS including the utilization of automated systems.
- Maintain accurate patient data profiles so that pertinent information is readily available for the Center's staff as well as other UPMCHS departments requesting it.
- Act as a liaison to sponsoring embassies and/or referring physicians and medical centers; provide relevant information regarding UPMC programs and services.
- Strictly adhere to UPMCHS patient confidentiality policies.
- B.A. degree required in the target language(spanish), social work, liberal arts, public relations or a related field preferred.
- Three years of relevant experience, preferably in healthcare, customer relations or a related field required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills in the English language, as well as the target language.
- Act professionally at all times and must interact effectively with individuals from various countries.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 23 months ago
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...