Job Posting Title Mine Project Engineer Reference Code EXT-NB00001299-E-02 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Engineering Department Project Buckskin Mine - Gillette, WY Tasks Kiewit Mining Group is looking for experienced Mining/Civil Engineers wanting to make a career working at our surface mining operations. This individual should have detailed understanding of surface mining design, planning, scheduling, and estimating. This individual should have a strong leadership drive along with excellent communication skills. The individual should have experience managing project teams. This position will be responsible for mentoring and training senior and entry level engineers. This position will be responsible for overseeing mine planning, scheduling, and estimating involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, dozer design, and re-grade design.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure the safety of all co-workers, vendors and visitors is always in the fore front of all planning, design and execution of all operations at the mine site.
2. Mentor, train and supervise engineering teams.
3. Develop effective engineering teams through talent management and empowerment.
4. Effectively communicate between multiple departments in the organization.
5. Understand short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, dozer design, re-grade design and estimating.
6. Integrate long term plans with short and mid-range mine plans.
7. Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
8. Develop and optimize life of mine plans utilizing new and existing methods and technologies.
9. Assist in regulatory permitting. Understand and promote process improvement and change initiatives.
10. Understand and follow all federal, state, as well as company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements 1. Undergraduate degree in Mining/Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree.
2. Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
3. Highly motivated and self managed to get things done right the first time.
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
5. Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
6. Strong work ethic, detailed oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
7. The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
8. Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
9. Possess experience in using three-dimensional (3D) mining modeling and design software.
10. Posses the ability and desire to work with minimal supervision.
11. Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel, sometimes on short notice.
12. Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites.
Kiewit Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...