USA-South Dakota-Rapid City
An Aircraft Mechanic is required to maintain all aircraft/systems in accordance with and within the limitations of the FAA and the aircraft manufacturer.
The Aircraft Mechanic reports directly to the Lead Mechanic on a day to day basis. When traveling to other sites to perform assigned duties, he/she would then report to the Regional Manager.
The specifications, duties and knowledge of an Aircraft Mechanic are the foundation for the Regional Manager and Lead Mechanic. Each of those positions must meet the requirements of their Job Description in addition to the requirements of an Aircraft Mechanic.
Duties to Be Performed
(Not limited to)
The primary functions of an "Aircraft Mechanic" are:
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Inspect and certify aircraft at specific intervals as required by L-3 Vertex Aircraft, Government and the FAA.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Remove and replace defective components.
- Comply with Service Bulletins, Instructions and Airworthiness Directives as directed.
- Perform preflight/postflight, turn around inspections and servicing when required.
- Obtain run up and taxi qualifications if required.
- Perform maintenance on Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Maintain aircraft logbooks and historical data as required.
- Wash, wax, clean and maintain exterior and interior of aircraft.
- Perform other task as directed by the Regional Manager, Site Manager and Lead Mechanic.
- Serve as a temporary technician at other regional sites for vacation, sick leave and surge labor requirements.
The position of "Aircraft Mechanic" requires the following:
- A FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- A minimum of three (3) years recent hands on airframe and powerplant experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of C-12 hands on experience. Note: The 1 year of C-12 experience may at the Program Manager discretion be waived if the candidate has demonstrated proficiencies in comparable areas.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must qualify for and obtain a DOD "Secret" security clearance and Passport (if requested) to support contractual obligations.
US Security Clearance Required
- Must be able to travel to other locations requiring over night stay.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. routinely and 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Environmental conditions are diverse and could range from an office environment where there is no physical discomfort to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust and wind. On occasion individuals may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards will prevail and hearing protection is required. Office work conditions will expend approximately 10% of the candidate's time and approximately 90% will be expended in more harsh conditions.
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Vertex Aerospace LLC
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...