SGT, in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, has an immediate requirement for a senior MS SQL Server Database Engineer. The qualified candidate will be a key contributor in developing applications for the FAA to support the work of their Aviation Safety Engineers. The position will include the design of databases and the database objects along with performance tuning which will support the business rules for the handling of a large amount and variety of FAA aviation safety related data. This project presents a number of exciting technical challenges including data mining and work flow management. We are looking for candidates with experience working with reporting tools like Tableau, WebFocus or SSRS. The successful candidate will also be required to write high level and detailed design documents for use by all levels of project stakeholders and development staff. This will require working closely with the .NET development staff to design and develop database objects to support the application.
*Participates in client/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review.
*Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications. Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage Organization.
*Designs, develops, and integrates highly complex database systems for internal and external users/clients.
*Creates, documents and implements standards and/or complex modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Codes complex programs and derives logical processes on technical platforms.
*Designs user interfaces and business application prototypes.
*Performs complex analyses and reviews applications being released into production. Develops and oversees the implementation of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
*Remains abreast of and analyzes new and emerging technologies and tools for applicability to field. Prepares recommendations and presentation to management.
*Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
• 8+ years of experience of working with relational databases; 5+ years with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008
• 8+ years of experience of working with SQL; 5+ years of T-SQL developing Stored procedures, Views, Triggers, UDF (User defined Functions), constraints, etc
• 5+ years of experience working with relational data modeling using tools like Erwin, PowerDesigner, etc.
• Experience of database optimization using profilers, query analyzers and query plans
• Experience working with business intelligence tools like Tableau, SSRS or WebFocus
• Experience of working in a .NET environment using Visual Studio 2008/2010 and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Experience of ETL and data warehousing; good understanding of OLAP, OLTP, cubed data and (de)normalization would be a plus.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering or related field preferred
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies - 2 years ago
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...