Berico Technologies is looking for a motivated and experienced Sr. Linux Systems Engineer to architect, implement and maintain infrastructure key to our development of software solutions for our government customers. The systems engineer will be required to work closely with developers to design and implement proper patterns and procedures for deployment of new software. As a member of our platform engineering team, you will be working to integrate OSS tools and applications with physical and virtual infrastructure to support the development and deployment of state of the art software solutions. Excellent communication and team skills are required, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects, document your work and rapidly master new tools, utilities and products.
- Linux guru: you need to eat, sleep and breath Linux, with major experience and knowledge of RedHat based distros
- Familiarity with a multitude of OSS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks
- Experience with deployment to secured facilities
- Recommend and execute Linux server hardware and software configuration, installation, patching, integration, upgrades and performance tuning
- Support daily operations to Linux server such as capacity management, performance monitoring, provisioning, and network systems connectivity
- Define and implement automated system installation/configuration procedures
- Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, particularly with networking and the TCP/IP stack
- Management of all VMware based infrastructure for the company, including its ESXi clusters
- Strong familiarity with the agile development cycle and the associated tools, such as JIRA, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, source management, etc.
- Networking and network security experience, including routing and switching, packet sniffing, managing SSL certificates, configuring firewalls and Cisco appliances.
- Ability to configure and deploy server builds.
- Linux shell scripting
- Experience with creation and management of VMware based virtual infrastructure using ESX/ESXi.
- Strong experience with Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu) administration.
- Must have desire to learn new skills and work with new technologies.
- Experience working in an engineering or scientific environment.
- Knowledge of Java.
- Experience with: Jira, Jenkins, github, HDFS, Hadoop, Cloudera, Hbase, zookeeper, redis, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, JBoss, OSGI, Virgo
- Vmware ESXi experience
- Experience deploying mission critical systems, internal or on customer site.
- Experience optimizing environments for high performance
- Experience with planning for SLA-quality support.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Berico Technologies - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -