The Personnel Department is seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Compensation Analyst in the Classification & Compensation division. The Classification & Compensation division provides specialized service related to implementation and maintenance of the City's classification and compensation system and programs. This senior level position offers a challenging opportunity to work independently on exceptionally sensitive, visible and sometimes controversial pay program issues.
- Plan and coordinate classification and pay studies for represented and non-represented positions.
- Conduct job analysis and evaluation, including point factor methods, to determine classification placement.
- Apply compensation knowledge of program design, market pricing techniques and methodologies of salary administration to create, implement, maintain and evaluate employee compensation programs at the City.
- Present and defend salary recommendations consistent with the City’s compensation philosophy and pay administration systems at labor negotiations and management meetings using market pricing and internal alignment analyses.
- Lead development and design of complex, innovative class and pay programs.
- Review position requests and advise departments regarding job design.
- Determine proper sources of and appropriate use of data, perform complex analyses and data manipulation and provide recommendations.
- Prepare requests for project proposals, coordinate consultant selection and monitor project process.
- Develop, research, design and present audits and reports for Mayor's staff, City Council, management, and unions.
Education: A Baccalaureate degree in Human Resource management, business or public administration, social sciences, or a related field.
Experience: At least three years experience in professional human resources administration (or a combination of education, training, or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work of the class).
The most competitive candidates will have expert knowledge evaluating, designing, and administering pay programs. Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated ability to work well with all levels within the organization. Exceptional analytical skills utilizing statistical methods and technical tools to extract, manipulate and analyze data. Advanced level of Excel desired. Expertise in presenting to a wide variety of audiences. World@Work certification (CCP) is preferred.
In addition to the on-line application, please attach your cover letter and resume.
City of Seattle - 9 months ago
Seattle is known for innovation, progress and creative solutions. The City of Seattle provides a remarkable range of opportunities for...