The Associate Director for Academic Engagement will report directly to the Director for Residence Education. This position is a 12-month appointment and does include some evening and weekend responsibilities.
Applicants should have a Master's degree and 5-7 years of post-master's student affairs experience.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate professional experience in:
faculty/staff collaborations; a scholarly-practitioner's approach to student affairs work; a commitment to developing the whole student with emphasis on academic achievement; possess sensitivity and support of a diverse campus environment; the ability to lead and multi-task effectively in a changing department; and, have research experience in the area of student development, academic success, and or living learning communities.
Posting Date/Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Required Applicant Documents:
Optional Applicant Documents:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Send letter of application that addresses position requirements and responsibilities, current resume and three current verifiable professional letters of reference that address job requirements and responsibilities to:
1 University of Arkansas
University Housing, 410 ARKA
Fayetteville, AR 72701
OR email documents to:
Completed applications received by 3/31/2013 will be assured full consideration. Late applications will be reviewed as necessary to fill the position.
Overall Purpose/Job Objective:
The Associate Director for Academic Engagement provides direction for student learning and the promotion of partnerships and collaborations which support the academic success of residents and research for the department. The Associate Director is responsible for the direct and indirect supervision of the research associate, residence education staff that support the academic initiatives area, student leadership positions, and the development of living learning communities. This position will be instrumental in communication with academic units on campus to maintain and develop academic programming, designed to help students succeed as well as developing departmental research initiatives.
Successful candidates will be able to:
1. Partner with faculty/staff for goal-setting, strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of learning communities.
2. Initiate collaborative relationships with academic and divisional partners.
3. Interact with residents, faculty partners, divisional colleagues and parents to ascertain and meet their needs through program development and consultation.
4. Develop and oversee new collaborative academic initiatives aimed at retaining students which include the development of living learning communities.
5. Ability to read reports, gather data, and compile information for written reports.
6. Assess the effectiveness of residence education programming through analysis of data collected
7. Coordinate hall staff academic programming and retention efforts.
8. Enhance student/staff knowledge of student learning and retention through training sessions and presentations.
9. Oversee and enhance the use of MAP-Works within the residence halls.
10. Advise and co-supervise the Counselor in Residence graduate assistantship program as well as the Student Success Advocate internship program.
11. Work collaboratively with the Living Learning Steering Committee
12. Assist in the recruitment, selection, and training of Residence Education staff.
13. Participate on various department and division-wide committees.
14. Serve on rotating secondary response crisis management team.
15. Represent the department and the University at various conferences and meetings as required and/or needed
16. Develop and coordinate assessment, evaluation and research projects that are aligned with the objectives of University Housing
17. Develop opportunities for University Housing staff to increase their knowledge of assessment and foster collaboration
18. Perform related departmental duties as required
An earned doctorate in leadership education or related field is preferred.
Commensurate to education and experience.
Pay Grade Level:
Does this position require any license(s)/certification(s)?
Does this position require a background check?
If yes, please specify:
Pre-employment criminal background check, registry check, and drug screening.
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (for hourly postings):
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, registry check, and drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. All information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Department Home Page:
Faculty Track Status:
University of Arkansas - 2 years ago