Business Services Manager
Area of Interest:
Business Line Management
Environmental & Infrastructure
Responsible for cost engineering, cost estimating, cost analysis/control, planning/scheduling, accounting, IS&T and document control activities. Also, exercises responsibility for accounting services. Coordinates area office services as designated and provides leadership and directs, approves, and manages the development and implementation of the Information Technology (IT) plan for the project
1. Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls Programs in accordance with Morenci Project Controls department procedures
2. Reviews and approves Earned Revenue Determination data, proposal financial summaries, project financial status reports, and Charge for project working capital calculations for assigned project/program.
3. Plans Staffing needs
4. Reviews contract drafts for adequacy of cost and scope definition and Project Controls requirements. Coordinates development of all data in support of negotiations.
5. Prepares, coordinates, and directs Project Controls presentations to our company and client management, as required.
6. Participates in the development and training of assigned personnel and the implementation training programs
7. Executes policy objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities
8. Coordinates commercial functions such as billings reviews and receivables control
9. Participates in the arrangements for and preparation of inter-entity subcontracts and agreements, and reviews them with legal and tax groups.
10. Manages Project IT Discipline activities by communicating goals and ensuring the necessary direction, resources and follow-up are provided to effectively support project proposal, IT planning, execution and close-out tasks.
11. Maintains liaison with HO management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated experience in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, control and analysis and planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis in the field, and the home office. Experienced skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls, accounting, IS&T and Document Control activities.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory, and personnel administrative functions
- Skilled in oral and written communications, with demonstrated ability to present information to management/client
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, and analyzing, and problem solving
- Good level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts and construction and start-up work processes, as performed by our company
- Knowledge of engineering, and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience, Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
- BS Degree in Business, Engineering, Construction Management or significant equivalent work experience
- Strong Skills in handling contractor correspondence and letter writing
- Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices. Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with project team and management
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
The Shaw Group is one of the world's largest power plant engineering and construction contractors, as well as a top environmental...