HomeFinder.com is one of the fastest growing real estate websites in the US. We attract more than 3.5 million visits per month and power the real estate search for hundreds of newspapers nationwide, including chicagotribune.com and latimes.com and provide awesome marketing solutions for 20,000 real estate professionals.
HomeFinder.com is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for an engineer who has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems and thrives on a high-energy team that implements slick applications and ensures that our infrastructure will perform well under heavy demand. You will join a small but efficient team that has lots of support (aka - you actually get to spend your time coding and developing applications) and works collaboratively to build technology that has a direct impact on our business and our customers. If you love to build new things, you will love our 3-day prototyping/hackathons in which you get to spend time learning new technologies and using them to implement cool new features.
1. Design, develop, and maintain complex software, both server-side and client-side code, for high-volume web-based applications
2. Optimize application performance to ensure a rich user experience
3. Innovate by developing prototypes three days per month to explore various technologies that could improve our applications or create a richer user experience
4. Work very closely with the our product and business teams to understand our customers’ needs and collaboratively define application functionality accordingly
5. Support and develop teammates by providing advice and guidance
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
2. Enjoy working in a high-energy and nimble environment on an intimate team
4. Solid understanding of object-oriented development practices
5. Linux/Mac based development
6. Desire to continue learning new technologies and finding ways to improve everything
7. Ability to collaborate well with product, design, and engineering
8. Excellent communication and organizational skills
1. Agile product development experience
2. Experience developing or using RESTful APIs
3. Experience with PHP5, Java, Python, or Objective-C
4. Open source project involvement
5. Experience using Solr or NoSQL databases
HomeFinder.com is an equal opportunity employer located in the burgeoning downtown Chicago tech scene. We provide passionate talented people a unique place to work by offering amazing benefits including: BlueCross BlueShield health care; A 401k match that is 100% vested the day you start contributing; free gym membership; bike room; a super cool new office space with free food and beverage; Apple desktop or laptop; monthly "hackathons" and company-wide prototype afternoons; casual dress; pre-tax transit passes; and our CEO welcomes every new hire by doing 20 pushups to demonstrate our can-do attitude.
HomeFinder.com - 13 months ago