This list of duties is not exhaustive, and duties may be added, deleted or changed at any time, without notice.
1.Operation of Chyron.
2.Operate studio or handheld television cameras during live and recorded productions
3.Act as floor director and teleprompter operator during live and taped productions.
4.Assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization, etc.).
5. Perform video receive and Master Control duties .
6. Operate playback system which includes server system as well as tapes.
7. Set up and operate satellite and ENG type receive equipment for recording programs, commercials or other feeds. Set up and operate satellite transmission equipment. Capture incoming feeds and other media
8. Assist as production grip on live and taped productions.
9. Setup and operate Ignite Automation system for News and other local material as instructed by a director. Operate camera controls and maintain proper video levels. Mix on air audio for News and other local material. Set up and operate IFB systems and all other audio equipment.
10. Perform necessary troubleshooting to all equipment including (but not limited to): News Ticker, Harris Automation, Ignite, Chyron, Lighting board and Audio Equipment.
11.Perform other duties as needed, and as directed by the production manager.
12. Availability to work unusual hours, including early morning, late night, overnight, weekend schedules and overtime required.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
Experience: Two – three years of television station experience required. Live newscast production a plus.
Equipment: Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and lighting.
License/ Certificate: Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
Skills/ Abilities: Must be flexible and possess a willingness to learn. Able to lift up to fifty pounds.
E. W. Scripps Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard