Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust), a financial services holding company with assets of approximately $17 billion, seeks a Human Resources Representative for our Corporate HR Department. Wintrust operates 15 community banks that provide a full complement of commercial and consumer loan deposit products and services through over 90 banking facilities in the Chicago and Milwaukee metropolitan areas. We also provide brokerage, trust and investment services to customers primarily in the Midwest, as well as customers of the banks, and provides services in mortgage banking and several specialty-lending niches.
This position is responsible for assisting the HRC at Corporate Wintrust with entry-level generalist duties. This includes implementing HR programs by providing HR services and completing personnel transactions. It is also responsible for providing support to HR programs at the holding company level such as recruitment, diversity, compensation, benefits, and leadership development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary payroll administrator.
- Track time off and attendance.
- Assist with job posting and assist in data collection as it relates to Affirmative Action.
- Extend job employment offers as requested to do so.
- Perform data entry functions for new hires, terminations, and transfers.
- Conduct orientation training for newly hired employees.
- Coordinate purchases of employee business cards and name plates.
- Perform document management and retention duties.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, which may include creating Microsoft PowerPoint© presentations.
- Assist in job posting and recruitment duties as needed.
- Be the primary contact for Aurico Reports – background checks for the Holding Company.
- Assist with diversity reporting and distribution of reports.
- Maintain employee records via systems or paper (employee files, I9s, etc); perform clerical and filing duties as necessary.
- Assist with the compilation of Compensation Committee meeting materials as needed.
- Be an active collaborative team member of the department by performing other job-related duties as may arise or be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field.
- Work experience in HR within any corporate environment; banking industry HR experience helpful.
- PHR certification preferred, but not required.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office©
- Experience with SharePoint helpful.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems helpful.
- Detail oriented, with high degree of accuracy.
- Analytical, self-directed, deadline oriented, and logical in thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work; must be organized and flexible and able to handle interruptions.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and work with a professional manner.
If you are detail oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment this may be the right company for you. In return, we provide an engaging dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
For confidential consideration, send resume with salary history
to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
No phone calls please.
An equal opportunity employer.
Wintrust Financial Corporation
CareerBuilder - 5 months ago