Why John Deere
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere--a proven business leader--and watch your potential grow.
As a member of the John Deere quality engineering team, you will have the opportunity to engage in nearly every facet of our business. You’ll enjoy a diverse range of challenges, gain a wide range of experiences with highly visible projects and initiatives, and have excellent opportunities for professional growth.
What You'll Do
for John Deere Waterloo Works in Waterloo, Iowa, you will manage, lead, and facilitate project teams to support Continuous Improvement initiatives. In addition, you will have the opportunity to:
What It Takes
- Lead and/or facilitate resolution of our most critical projects such as warranty reduction or product improvement projects at our large tractor domestic and international partner assembly facilities.
- Develop, modify, and execute core Continuous Improvement processes that improve speed, rigor, and flexibility of the organization.
- Act as a resource to project owners, communicates project milestones, and project documentation to ensure objectives of improvement teams are met.
- Document and report team efforts and progress and validates that team results endure after project closure.
We need an excellent communicator who thrives in solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Math, related discipline or equivalent working experience in a related field. Additionally, we require:
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree as well as:
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with Product Data Management tools & concepts.
- Demonstrated team leadership.
- Knowledge of tactical and advanced quality tools such as Six Sigma.
- Strong organizational, communication and documentation skills.
What You’ll Get
- Cross functional work experience in product engineering, quality, manufacturing operations, supply management, accounting, etc.
- Knowledge of change management principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated priority development and resource balancing experience.
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our
Total Rewards Package
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Feb 22, 2013, 8:38:39 AM
Are you looking for a meaningful career? How does feeding the world sound? There are currently 7.6 billion people on this planet and by...