Previous Hotel Sales experience is preferred. Previous sales experience is required. The ideal candidate will have a high degree of attention to detail, organization skills, communication skills and the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships. We are seeking professional self-motivated candidates with strong sales and marketing expertise.
The Corporate Sales Manager is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/ her market segments. He/She is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues. The Corporate Market is the majority of the job however SMERF areas are also included in the existing territory. At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience; 2-4 year college degree.
Must have a valid drivers license. Oversee and assist the sales coordinators for optimum sales office production. Out of state travel required. Excellent Salary and Paid Health Benefits.
To achieve revenue and guest satisfaction goals by negotiating corporate business and coordinating the execution of that business. 1. Meet budgeted sales and profit margin by soliciting, evaluating, selling and confirming business. * Recommend programs to meet client's needs.
3. Monitor performance in relation to goals and make strategic changes as needed. * Set monthly goals. * Report sales activity and tentative and definite bookings on a weekly basis.
- Prepare proposals with the Director of Sales that are geared to maximize profit while satisfying guest needs. * Manage files on a timely basis to maintain business. * Secure rooming lists. * Use outside sales calls to solicit existing and new clients.
- Conduct on-site client inspections and entertainment regularly. * Contact in-house clients to foster additional business and repeat bookings. 2. Insure guest/client satisfaction and hotel profitability by ensuring complete file is turned over to Conference Services Manager in a timely fashion.
4. Increase sales volume and profitability by assisting in developing and executing projects for the hotel and conference center as stated in the marketing plan. * Develop plans, special sales activities, and promotions. * Conduct competitive analysis of conference space.
5. Participate in solving problems with other departments as required to ensure business booked does not pose conflicts with space held, threatened cancellations, and compromises between client needs and hotel facilities. 6. Develop and continually enhance relationships with meeting decision makers to maintain and increase awareness of the hotel and our market share.
7. Attend meetings as needed. * Daily Business Review Meetings * Weekly Staff Meetings Keep the Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. 2.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established Company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position. 3. Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other Company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
Participate in task forces and committees as required. Three to four full years of employment in related position. Requires ability to make decisions and determine a course of action quickly. Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence clients.
Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations. Must work well in stressful and high-pressure environment. Must maintain composure while being confronted by clients. Must be able to work between 40 - 60 hours each week as needed.
Hcareers.com - 3 years ago
John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts has several rooms with a view. The hotel development company owns and operates approximately 80 hotels...