Provide guidance, technical leadership and consulting for data and converged communications infrastructure including security technologies (such as Firewalls), associated with real-time system applications in an isolated and secure environment. Support IT and client management in implementing a strategy that leverages this infrastructure to improve business operations and customer satisfaction.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Act as the primary designer/engineer for major networking systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, existing designs and regulatory requirements (e.g., NEI 08-09 R6) security controls, policies and procedures;
- Collect, consolidate and analyze complex business and technical requirements from key constituents. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that comply with regulatory requirements and IT architectural and PSEG’s business strategies, and provide the most efficient and cost effective solution;
- Lead the delivery of the specific network solutions, including requirements analysis, internal proposal preparation, RFP development, vendor statement of work evaluation, tool selection, and implementation planning;
- Develop network architectures, perform network traffic analysis, predict network bandwidth and storage capacity needs, and recommend modifications to the network configurations which reduces cost, maintain regulatory compliance and improve service;
- Financial/Value Management: Provide input to support budget planning and management including adhering to all budgeting/spending guidelines for individual work area; perform cost benefit analyses and estimate cost for individual work and initiatives and utilize methods to measure post-implementation return on investment; develop accurate forecasts, and identify cost reduction opportunities;
- Prepare and develop rolling five-year lifecycle plans and budgets for the data and converged network infrastructure technical domains;
- Work with client and IT Engineering, IT operations, and other IT areas as appropriate throughout the development, testing and implementation life cycle, including participation in troubleshooting of production issues;
- Maintain currency in network technologies and industry trends, including participating in the planning and execution of critical patches and version upgrades;
- Act as a Project Manager on projects when required.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline and at least eight years of diverse experience in network/systems/security design, installation, management, or operation for large corporate networks. Without a Bachelors degree at least 12 years experience in network/systems/security design, installation, management and operation for large corporate networks.
Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
- At least four years of project experience architecting, planning, organizing, designing and implementing network, communications and or infrastructure projects with process dependencies and linkages across large enterprises.
- Strong communications, consultative and interpersonal skills, including oral, written and presentation skills, teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation, with the ability to work effectively with internal client from various business organizations and lines of business, and IT management and staff.
- Self-starting with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff and vendors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
o Certified Network and/or Security Technician.
- Advanced professional training and certifications such as:
o Cisco certifications – e.g. Certified Internetwork Professional (CCIP), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), etc.
o Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
o NEI 08-09 cyber security control networking requirements
- Experience with and general understanding of some or all of the following:
o Network configurations e.g. LAN/VLAN/WAN/MAN/WiFi/ IPsec VPN tunnels/ WINS/DNS/DHCP/VIPs/QoS/MPLS/RIP/EIGRP/OSPF/BGP/HSRP/GLBP.
o Cisco technologies and products.
o Desktop hardware and software technologies.
o Remote access and wireless communications and technologies.
o Project management and architectural skills such as creating software lifecycle development plans.
o Identifying technology directions / trends and strategic business impacts
Additional Critical Information:
o Be available for call-out support and to perform system maintenance when needed after normal business hours.
- Position is a member of the PSEG Nuclear Critical Group
- Candidate must:
o Fulfill and maintain PSEG Nuclear requirements for holding a badge for unescorted access by successfully completing fitness-for-duty, OSHA, general employee, Rad Worker and other required training.
o Be willing to support PSEG Nuclear Emergency Preparedness program drills and events.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is a publicly traded (NYSE:PEG) diversified energy company headquartered in New Jersey, and one of...