, Commercial Underwriting and Servicing Platform and Consolicated Underwriting Enviroment, Middle Market Underwriting
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSTION?
This role will support the Commercial Underwriting & Servicing Platform (CUSP) and Consolidated Underwriting Environment (CUE) agenda of delivering a new Commercial Markets software solution that has high functioning underwriting capabilities.
This position will lead the work to consolidate, organize and tag Middle Market underwriting content for effective delivery to Field underwriters through the new system.
This role will also facilitate the completion of guided underwriting through development and/or consolidation of dynamic and reflexive risk based questions and exposure/control guidance, including ongoing maintenance.
Finally, this position will support future deployment of scoped capabilities with the support of IT counterparts.
Content Management Development and Maintenance
Dynamic/Reflexive Question and Exposure/Control Development and Maintenance
- Support critical decision making across the line of business and industries to consolidate underwriting information and facilitate the underwriting information to be presented though a guided underwriting process
- Align content with current applications (i.e. CDR or an equivalent) to facilitate information retrieval as well as potential new systems that will facilitate search capabilities
- Maintain underwriting content as necessary with changes or additions to underwriting appetite or direction
CUE/CUSP: Scope Management, End User Benefits
- Develop dynamic and reflexive question sets that will guide the Underwriter into a consistent underwriting approach that will encompass high level concerns for an account as well as industry specific concerns.
- Develop guided exposure/control analysis to facilitate the underwriting process, including pick lists of potential exposures and controls.
- Maintain question sets and guided exposure/control analysis as necessary with changes or additions to underwriting appetite or direction
- Consult leadership and work stream leads to develop fact base, define options considered, recommendations and implications for decisions.
Ensure quality and timely decisions can be made on both business requirements and technology decisions
- Provide high level cost/benefit analysis as needed.
- Catalog new ideas that should be evaluated through the scope management process.
- Support critical decision making across the program, to include, IT solution design options, program scope tradeoffs, timing/sequencing of market releases, and representing field perspective for implementation and
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key Accounts UW
- Bachelors Degree required; CPCU or other industry designation preferred
- 5-10 years experience in Commercial P&C insurance industry required
- Experience with Siebel and Middle Market Underwriting Required
- Strategic thinking capability with the ability to integrate knowledge of diverse business functions
- Demonstrated ability to leverage customer insights and solve complex business problems
- Ability to influence diverse teams and build strong cross-functional relationships across the business and IT
- Demonstrated client relationship management skills and influencing skills
- Ability to manage conflict, negotiate and create compelling business arguments
- Ability to communicate and build strong relationships across the organization with individuals at all levels.
WHY JOIN THE
The Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE: HIG) is a leading provider of insurance and wealth management services for millions of consumers and businesses worldwide. The
is consistently recognized for its superior service, its sustainability efforts and as one of the world's most ethical companies. In 2011, The Hartford reported revenues of $21.9 billion. More information on the company and its financial performance is available at
believes people should live with financial confidence. The
exists to provide the confidence and peace of mind that helps people achieve their financial goals. We enable this confidence though the breadth of our product portfolio and relationships and the depth of our knowledge.
’s biggest competitive advantage is our employees. We
hire a broad range of talented teammates
from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates
who share our
and bring passion to their jobs.
Our values are projected in the way we interact with customers and among our teams.
We are an innovative leader in the industry and have been recognized by:
as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" for five consecutive years
as a 2012 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer
Military Times Edge
as a 2011 “Best for Vets” Employer
Carbon Disclosure Project’s Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index
for The Hartford’s approach to climate change disclosure for four consecutive years (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Green Rankings – No. 12 on the list of U.S. Companies (2011)
to Work (2011)
as a Top Workplace (2011)
The San Antonio Express News
as a Top Workplace (2011)
as a Top Workplace
as a Top Workplace
and FOXCT as a Top Workplace
OKCBiz as a
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
is an Equal Employment
and Affirmative Action Employer.
maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Feb 12, 2013, 11:04:13 AM
Remote Worker Option
The Hartford - 18 months ago