Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc., (HTSI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell headquartered in Columbia, MD with annual revenues of approximately $1B. We are a recognized leader in delivering engineering, information, logistics and professional services to clients in the space, defense, logistics and information technology markets. HTSI has been active in every NASA mission since 1958, and provides services to the U.S. military, the Department of Energy, and the U.S. Geological Survey at locations around the world.
HTSI Is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to work in Maryland to support its Engineering Services organization, reporting directly to the HR Director of Space and Security Services. This position:
- Provides a wide range of human resource services to one or several business units in support of the unit's business objectives, strategic goals, and human resource initiatives.
- Performs diverse assignments covering a broad area of HR functions (i.e. employee/labor relations, staffing, performance management, compensation management, affirmative action, organization development, and training).
- Serves as the business unit's primary interface between managers, employees, outside agencies and others concerning HR related issues.
- Actively participates in business development, proposal writing and pricing for pursuits of government contracts.
- Interprets and executes corporate policies and practices across the work-force to ensure consistent and equitable treatment.
- Assists with defining short/long term HR initiatives in support of business unit's strategic objectives.
- Participates in identifying and developing employee skills to support business needs, counsels and coaches employees, supervisors, and senior management in addressing interpersonal and behavioral challenges.
- Serves as the investigative resource, coordinating with legal counsel on issues pertaining to employment charges or litigation.
- Conducts training sessions on various subject areas (performance management, discipline, ethics).
- Prepares reports to ensure conformance with legislated requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
MS or MBA degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Organization Development, Training, or related discipline and 1 year of professional HR experience or Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Business Management with a concentration in Human Resources, Organization Development, Training, or related discipline and 3 years of professional HR experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
As an equal opportunity employer we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...