Reporting to the Hospice Program Manager, provides professional nursing care as assigned. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
Graduate of accredited RN program.
1 - 3 years experience.
RN License - N.H. state or other compact state.
Drivers license - valid.
BCLS certified or within 30 days of hire.
1-3 years Hospice RN experience preferred.
1. Ensure there are physician orders prior to delivering services. Complete a comprehensive assessment including physical, psycho/social, and spiritual aspects of patient/family. Ensure OASIS accuracy.
2. Develop and implement plan of care (within 48 hrs for Hospice patients) for the patient. Analyze plan on-going and develop interventions/changes as necessary. Review and complete comprehensive assessment within 5 days of the notice of election for Hospice patients.
3. Effectively integrate educational, medical, social and psychological factors when evaluating progress towards attainment of goals and outcomes
4. Complies with medical, regulatory, educational and records management requirements (e.g. insurance authorization, consents, physician’s referral, documentation) and maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
5. Collaborates with other healthcare providers to coordinate services and maximize outcomes.
6. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and family in accordance with Homehealth standards including assurance and support of the patients rights and responsibilities
7. Completes documentation (routine notes, clinical/progress notes, medication reconciliation, discharge planning) on time per agency and regulatory requirements.
8. Meets agency obligations for scheduling, on-call, weekend and evening coverage.
Exeter Hospital - 2 years ago