Cablevision Division Optimum/Bresnan Department Name Field Service-Missoula Job Location MT / Missoula Requisition ID 19219BR Position Type Full Time Description Basic Purpose:
Performs field technical work and resolves customers' service problems. Responsibilities include daily organization of service calls, customer relations, problem solving, and documentation of service issues and resolutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
Performs any and all duties included in Field Service Technician I-III descriptions.
- Resolves service problems for customers in homes, apartment buildings and commercial properties.
- Promotes Bresnan products and provides excellent customer service to every customer. May be required to meet sales goals.
- Maintains system levels as specified in system operating instructions; calculates amplifier output; sets and replaces distribution and line extender amplifiers.
- Diagnoses and changes out power supplies and line amplifiers, in the field, as required.
- Performs underground and aerial construction duties, including, but not limited to, assisting in installation of all rigid and semi-rigid coaxial cable, including pole line construction within the overhead plant and all underground installations; installation of all vaults, pedestals, boxes or equipment used to house company equipment; locating of existing underground cables and use of a cable fault locator (TDR); removing from service or transferring from pole to pole all of the above.
- Uses and maintains construction equipment including, but not limited to, trenchers, compressors, jackhammers, boring equipment, cable plow and concrete saw.
- Properly uses, stores and maintains VOM, DMM, system sweep, bench sweep, return loss bridge, spectrum analyzer and waveform monitor.
- Guys, lashes, relashes, pulls and splices cable.
- Performs all work in a safe manner ensuring the safety of co-workers, customers, the general public, and the employee. All work is done in compliance with the National Electric Code, National Electrical Safety Code, and OSHA regulations.
- Assists in designing minor plant extensions or modifications.
- Drives Company vehicles safely, complying with all traffic regulations.
- May be required to work standby duty, as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as required. Qualifications • High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1year’s experience as an FST I-III, including at least 6 months experience as an FST III, or equivalent experience.
- Certification as described in the Bresnan Technical Advancement and Career Path Policy, including written, practical, and safety tests. Outside candidates will be expected to provide proof of comparable training completion, or with the approval of the Engineering Department, hired with the expectation that all tests will be passed within 180 days of hire.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
- Good customer relations skills.
- Neat and clean appearance.
- The combined weight of a person's body and equipment must not exceed the standard 300-pound weight capacity designated to ladders and bucket trucks.
- Ability to safely operate aerial lift vehicles.
- Ability to safely and regularly perform position requirements at heights greater than 30 feet. With or without accommodation, must be physically capable of safely:
- climbing ladders, towers and other structures, and may be required to climb poles.
- lifting and carrying up to 70 lbs.
- Ability to manipulate connectors, fasteners and wire, and use hand tools.
- May need to distinguish between various colors, hear specific tones, and/or obtain certifications required in specific localities.
Cablevision Systems Corp. - 20 months ago
Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite...