Working under supervision, responsible for designing and drafting projects of a routine to moderately complex nature with limited latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment. Prepares sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on product or plant equipment. Participates in the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
• Uses CAD systems and software to design and draft mechanical systems, structural and architectural projects and generate reports.
• Works directly with engineers and/or other qualified personnel to assure that work is documented and prepared in accordance with engineering change procedures and in a timely manner.
• Understands production operations, mechanical systems, processes, and product flows.
• Organizes and maintains records and reports.
• Supports various aspects of projects by providing assistance in coordinating and prioritizing work for project implementation.
• Prepares clear, complete, and accurate working plans and submits detailed drawings that convey scope and purpose.
• Follows company and regulatory procedures, work instructions, and guidelines in the design, layout, and documentation of projects.
• Assists in monitoring safety and quality on project construction work.
• A.S. CAD Technology degree preferred
• 2+ years related experience and/or training
Salary: PG 40-41
J.R. Simplot Company - 20 months ago