For more than 125 years, Norton Healthcare’s faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leading health care system based in Louisville, Ky. It is the area’s third largest private employer, providing care at nearly 140 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds; five outpatient centers; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; 12,000 employees; more than 600 employed medical providers; and in excess of 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare was the 2011 recipient of the prestigious National Quality Forum National Quality Healthcare Award, along with the 2011 Kentucky Hospital Association Quality Award. The organization has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Metro Louisville, the state of Kentucky and nationally. Norton Healthcare and Humana are one of only four national pilot sites, and the only one in Kentucky |
, to study the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model through the prestigious Brookings – Dartmouth ACO Pilot Project. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com .
A professional nurse is an individual accountable for the care of a group of patients. The RN focuses on safe effective patient and family centered care, customer satisfaction and quality outcomes. The RN is responsible for assisting in maintaining a financially stable unit, promoting his/her own development with an emphasis on evidence based practice and education supported by a Practice Governance framework.
The RN supervises licensed and non-licensed staff members. Applying the caring processes of the Kristin M. Swanson Model of Care, the RN has the responsibility to assess, develop, implement and evaluate the plan of care. The RN focuses on patient and family comforts, education and satisfaction. The RN applies his/her educational and professional experiences in the delivery of quality care and mentoring/precepting staff.
- Diploma or Associate Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Active current registered nurse license/work permit in the State of Kentucky
- CPR; Additional certifications may be required based on unit need.
- Basic PC skills (i.e. e-mail, common word processing, internet programs)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher nursing degree
- Professional certification in area of practice
- One year RN experience
Norton Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 403b Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- College Savings Plan
- Children's Choice Day Care Center
- Downtown Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
- Norton Healthcare is an EEO/AA employer
Norton Healthcare - 22 months ago
Norton Healthcare takes care of people in the land of horse farms and blue grass. The company owns and operates five hospitals and manages...