Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Structural
Job Title :
Structural Designer IV
Type of Position:
- Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Civil/Structural Engineering design
- Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design
- Experience in Oil & Gas related projects
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- PDS Framework
- MicroStation J
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking a Structural Designer IV to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Under minimal supervision, may develop complex engineering drawings.
- Applies a solid level of understanding within a specific discipline.
- Understands codes, permits, and software applications related to the discipline.
- Fully understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
- Basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
- Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents and reviews discipline supplier documents for accuracy. Can also review other discipline’s supplier documents.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...