Sr Release Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, CA
This is an amazing opportunity for a permanent position with an industry leading company.
Dozens of Fortune 500 companies rely on our client to save them millions; they have been recognized for innovation, leadership and execution. Our client prides themselves in building quality software while adhering to an aggressive release schedule. In order to meet this schedule, they need a talented team of release engineers to design and support their software deployment to the client cloud.
As the Sr. Release Engineer you would work directly the company’s Release Manager helping with the deployment of the company’s products into production environments. You would also be responsible for ensuring source code integrity, maintaining software builds, implementing and enforcing best practices in release management.
This position needs to be filled immediately.
- Must have experience in a formal build & release management environment.
- Experience in software configuration & release management, administrating and managing SCM tools (CVS, SVN, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.) is essential.
- Experience in managing complex build, software releases and change management.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in Linux/Unix (Debian/Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience in using defect and project tracking tool such as JIRA (or comparable).
- Experience in build and release automation with one or more scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.).
- Experience in GNU Make, SCons, Ant, or Maven.
- Experience in continuous integration such as Hudson (or comparable).
- Familiar with software development cycle and delivery management with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration and in building Linux software packages is preferred.
- ITIL Certification is required.
- Possess a solid understanding of release processes, familiarity with continuous integration/deployment, and have demonstrated success with release teams in the past.
For more information about the Sr. Release Engineer position please contact InQuest Staffing.
3411 Richmond Ave. • Suite 650 • Houston, TX 77046 • (713)861-5400