CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice and wireless services to consumers and businesses across the country and advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink™ Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. In addition, the company provides data, voice and managed services to business, government and wholesale customers in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers. CenturyLink also is recognized as a leader in the network services market by key technology industry analyst firms, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises through Savvis, a CenturyLink company. CenturyLink’s customers range from Fortune 500 companies in some of the country’s largest cities to families living in rural America. Headquartered in Monroe, LA., CenturyLink is a S&P500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. For more information, visit www.centurylink.com .
Operations Technician 1
Job Description: The Operations Tech 1 duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment, including associated DNS/DHCP configuration.
· Use of IP and telecom communications testing equipment.
· Use of software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose network status and problems; Conducting complex network monitoring, equipment installation and maintenance activities.
· Testing and turn-up of new circuits and/or equipment, including cross-connects and any other wiring.
· Troubleshooting and repair of complex IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment hardware or configuration issues, within defined service level agreement periods
· Direct customer interface on install and repair requests related to new equipment installs and overall functionality of IP (data/voice) and telecom communications equipment
· Documentation of all activities per defined procedures Mentoring/Training/Coaching of less experienced employees
· Follow ASU-CenturyLink Processes and procedures to support custom configuration windows and network augments of VLANS, Routes, MPLS, and Firewall configurations for the ASU Data Center
· Associate degree and/or 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Detailed understanding of the OSI networking model physical, data link, and network layers.
· A proven track record troubleshooting technical issues
· Experience with Cisco command line interface.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Skills; Outlook, Word, Excel and Visio.
· Experience with Avaya ASA.
· Basic understanding of TDM and VoIP telephony
· Cisco certifications are a plus
· Other router CLI experiences a plus
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 14 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...