We currently have a position available in our Human Resources group for an HRIS Partner. The purpose of this position is to serve as a technical point of contact for the HRIS system, ensure data integrity, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Partner is responsible for processing bi-weekly payroll and supports upgrades, testing and other technical projects.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions, such as new hires, terminations, benefit changes, garnishments, leave programs, incentive payments, COBRA notices, etc are processed accurately and timely for all payroll entities
- Accurately prepare, enter, and audit the payroll on a timely basis. Responsible for final review and coordinate any necessary research/contact with the payroll vendor.
- Maintain payroll operations by reviewing changes for proper authorization and adhere to Banner’s policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
- Handle the administration of the electronic timekeeping system. Ensure proper setup of employee information and ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Communicate employee eligibility of benefits to multiple vendors utilizing file uploads. Proactively review benefit invoices to ensure employee election choices are accurately represented and funded.
- Provide superior customer service as the primary contact for benefit programs, unemployment and payroll information/questions/requests.
- Subject matter expert for HRIS: Administer, evaluate, analyze, design, and maintain system.
- Troubleshoot issues with the HRIS and work with customer support to resolve.
- Analyze current process and make recommendations for process/automation improvements.
- Maintain employee information and data integrity in HRIS.
- Create HR and payroll reports, analyze and make recommendations as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Self-directed and able to take initiative to identify needs and make recommendations for solutions/implementation
- Expert knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards, methods and best practices related to payroll systems; basic accounting principles as related to payroll processing
- Ability to research, analyze and retrieve data to prepare and maintain complex payroll records, summaries and reports; reconcile differences within established payroll, benefit, retirement, and accounting systems; monitor, audit, reconcile and balance a variety of data and transactions
- Demonstrated ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and the ability to manage many tasks at once, work well under pressure and meet strict guidelines
- Patience and compassion, strong listening and approachability, flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management computer skills (Excel, Word, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Accounting or other related fields is required
- 2+ years payroll experience
- PHR and CPP certification preferred
Banner Engineering Corporation - 2 years ago
Banner Engineering designs, manufactures and distributes photo eyes, sensors and associated products for industrial and process automation...