Manage a smooth, efficient, cost effective operation to include labor management, supervision of all aspects of services and inventory control.
Oversee quality hiring, training, as well as instruct new hires and employees on expectations and responsibilities for each role.
Accept full responsibility for the department in the absence of the Director of Spa and Salon and/or Spa and Salon Manager.
Creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction.
Adherence to the Company’s status quo third party representation philosophy and compliance with company polices legal requirements, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Stay current, knowledgeable, and abreast of the latest in industry equipment, technology, and techniques.
Evaluate staffing levels in accordance with business demand, providing recommendations for adjustments whenever possible and monitors compliance of full time equivalents (FTEs) per department policy.
Keep the Director or Manager informed on all pertinent information related to the department and reports irregularities and problems as they occur along with recommendations for solutions.
Maintain all departmental assets including equipment repairs and maintenance and ensures all departmental areas (FOH and BOH) are maintained, clean, and organized.
Own all requests and complaints; resolve issues immediately and follow up to ensure the guest’s satisfaction.
Ensure Hotel property and equipment is properly used and maintained.
Supervise spa & salon staff to ensure they adhere to, and enforce, company and spa and salon policies while being alert to their duties and responsibilities, as well as ensure all established standards of professionalism and protocol are being practiced by all staff.
Responsible for maintaining current floor operation for the spa and salon.
Responsible for maintaining accuracy in system scheduling/timing of services and responsible for employee scheduling and preparation of staff schedules.
Assist upper management with projects and future training.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years Spa Operations experience.
- At least 2 years of guest service experience.
- At least 1 year of supervisor/managerial experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Knowledge of treatment protocol, equipment and facility standards, product lines, fitness equipment, appointment systems and strategies, and reception desk systems.
- Basic knowledge of Spa Soft, Stratton Warren, Kronos, Filenet, Excel and Word.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...