CSC seeks a Senior Technical Advisor to work in Norfolk, VA. Candidate must be a US citizen and possess a Top Secret (SCI) clearance. A minimum of six years of experience in Navy C4I is required and an undergraduate degree is desired. This position provide
s technical support to the Navy.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and oversees the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Troubleshoots highly complex data, voice or video network and hardware problems; researches and analyzes significant, complex network problems that require evaluation of intangibles, such as downstream effects on client satisfaction; assesses and evaluates current and future systems.
- Provides expert technical support and guidance on highly complex design issues to customers and less experienced personnel. Investigates and resolves matters of significance.
- Researches and analyzes data or voice networking technologies to remain pro-active and current in the industry. Makes recommendations for future direction.
- Analyzes highly complex data, voice or video network documentation and communicates to senior management regarding the current operational status of networks.
- Prepares complex proposal documentation and information to meet customer requirements. Determines methods and procedures to be implemented and used on the most complex new technologies to enhance performance. Determines approach for customer, based on assessment of customer needs.
- Prepares complex consultation, support and guidance to organizations and clients. Develops and conducts training as needed.
- Performs cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches. Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines. Makes complex investment recommendations to management and customers based on results of independent assessment of current and future data, voice or video network performance, stability, and network management issues.
- Oversees assigned personnel for project. Assigns work and provides guidance with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Nine or more years of experience in networks, LAN/WAN or management information systems
- Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g.; mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server) and multiple network systems (e.g.; Novell, Windows NT, etc)
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
- Experience working with proprietary software and hardware
- Possess Department of Defense (DoD) security access and/or security clearance
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Minimum of six years of experience in the Navy C4I programs
- MCSE certification is highly desirable
- DoD 8570 level II or higher certification is required
- Skilled in time, priority and task management
- Strong network performance modeling and benchmarking skills
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members, management, customers and support personnel
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Strong leadership skills to oversee project team
- Strong ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
- Active in pursuing learning opportunities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with highly complex technical problems
- Willingness to travel
Apple has an "i" for revolutionary technology. Since its release, the company's iPhone has spurred a revolution in cell...