Provide high quality Frontline telephone support for Backup Exec, as well as other Symantec Software products as required. Primary responsibility is to;
Successfully resolve technical issues with customers over the phone with continued follow up until resolved and insure proper escalation procedures are followed for unresolved issues.
This support includes troubleshooting, the use of sophisticated tools, analysis of logs, and coordination of all available resources to resolve issues.
In this position you will work closely with the customer on complex Windows system-level problems as well as application layer issues.
Occasional weekend duties may be required.
Other work includes writing knowledgebase articles, case documentation, product documentation.
Conducting research on customer incidents, and other duties as assigned.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 2003 and 2008 servers.
- One year of Networking experience.
- Must be familiar with networking protocols and hardware.
- Other relevant experience includes:
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory, domains and domain trusts as well as Windows Registry, Windows workstation and server, user profiles and security, and server-based software.
- Any combination of the following will be a plus:
- MCSE certification.
- Oracle DB
- MS Exchange
- MS SQL
- Written and Spoken Spanish is a plus
Symantec - 20 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...