Oversee daily restaurant reservations, pre-assigning seating where necessary.
Communicate with Restaurant Reservations regarding special orders, cake orders and special requests – responsible for conveying all such information to management.
Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
Answer restaurant telephone courteously and efficiently.
Escort guests to tables and assist in seating at tables; present menus and extend pleasantries.
Shut down podium and forward phones to voice-loop at end of shift.
Work as a team, assisting with all guests’ and employees’ needs and inquiries.
Effectively communicate with management, chefs and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
Assist Management with approvals on RFB checks.
Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment.
Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
Maintain complete knowledge of scheduled daily activities and in-house groups, daily house count, table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation, price range and dress code of the restaurant.
Prepare station chart and assign stations to staff following departmental procedures.
Set up hostperson station with necessary supplies; maintain cleanliness at all times.
Inspect condition and cleanliness of menus and wine lists; ensure designated amounts are available.
Take, record and confirm restaurant reservations/cancellations.
Accommodate all requests for information courteously.
Communicate VIP arrivals and special requests to designated personnel for follow up.
Extend courteous departures as guests leave the restaurant and invite them to return.
Ensure tables are cleaned and reset.
Complete closing duties as assigned.
Legibly document pertinent information in restaurant log book.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Hostperson in a fine dining environment.
- At least 1 year of guest service experience.
- Working knowledge of health, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and reservations systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 18 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...