Summit, an A’viands company, is seeking a highly motivated, confident Food Service Director to lead all aspects of the Food Service program for Dulce Public Schools located in Dulce, NM.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Plan, organize and supervise daily operation of food services.
- Direct and coordinate the work of production, cafe and dish room staff.
- Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation standards.
- Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and gourmet food items.
- Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the finished products.
- Ensure overall consistency and high quality across the various operations.
- Plan, develop and implement planning and production for room service menus, special events, and catered functions.
- Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of menu items for special functions.
- Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and equipment.
- Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and support staff.
- Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality, Culinary, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience coordinating school food service operations.
- Passion for customer relations, client relations and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary skills to include large quantity production and large volume scratch cooking.
A’viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
Aviands Food & Services Management - 17 months ago