Duties & Responsibilities: Under general supervision, codes and modifies moderately complex programs. Tests and debugs codes; maintains and modifies computer programs. Performs entry level analysis and design of program. Prepares user and application documentation for the use of new and revised systems. May also prepare operational documentation. Uses source code repository to check code into and out of.
Minimum Training & Experience:ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field AND Six months of programming experience.
Certificate or Associate's degree from an accredited program AND One year of programming experience.
One year of experience at the Programer (Entry Level) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated computer programming experience at a level equivalent to programmer which included using a third or fourth generation programming language (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience applying knowledge of operating system control language(s) and utilities
- Demonstrated experience modifying existing applications
- Demonstrated experience applying program testing techniques
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and solving design and/or programming problems
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
- Committed to providing quality customer service. *Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple assignments
- Demonstrated experience reading and comprehending technical documents; interpreting and generating technical documents for target audiences
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule demands
- Demonsrtated experience in using Visual Studio, Webparts, Microsoft Sharepoint, ClearCase
- Demonstrated ability to test, maintain, debug, and modify complex computer programs
- Demonstrated experience providing customer service/support and interacting with end users on a daily basis
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases
- Demonstrated experience with OO design and programming languages such as C# or Java
- Demonstrated experience with web based technologies such as ASP.NET, HTML, XML
- Microsoft SharePoint knowledge or experience is a plus
Additional Information: THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
State of Georgia - 18 months ago
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...