Under the direction of the Kemps Chief Financial Officer and the DFA Director, Insurance this position (i) acts as the primary resource for all Kemps insurance and claims matters; (ii) serves as DFA’s primary contact at Kemps with respect to insurance and claims matters; (ii) coordinates with the DFA Insurance Analyst and DFA Claims Analyst regarding insurance and claim matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, record, track, process, monitor, and manage all Kemps Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, Auto Physical Damage, General Liability, Property and Consumer matters and claims.
- Process and monitor all new and pending claims for timely reporting, proper contact, timely investigation and the establishment of reserves, based upon the company special handling protocols.
- Provide direction to locations concerning incident reporting, and both training in advance as well as post-incident handling.
- Provides training, direction, and guidance to Human Resource Generalists related to insurance and claims matters.
- Ensures that all investigation documents are reviewed for completion and clarity.
- Identifies and evaluates Kemps loss exposures, and implements practices to measure, prevent and mitigate such risk exposures.
- Compiles property values, including construction, occupancy, protection and exposure (COPE) information and loss data
- Analyze and maintain a current fleet database with accurate inventories.
- Analyze, review, obtain direction from DFA, and provide direction to company personnel with respect to contract provisions regarding insurance and insurance coverage compliance.
- Serves as Kemps primary contact for third party vendors related to insurance and claims matters.
- Consults with and obtains direction from Kemps Chief Financial Officer, and the DFA Director, Insurance or other appropriate DFA insurance personnel regarding:
o Claim handling processes and strategies, including reporting, investigations, compensability, reserves, nurse case management, surveillance, return to work, legal referrals, legal defense, settlement position, settlement range, settlement negotiations and any other claim related matters. Must ensure DFA concurrence prior to providing direction to the insurance carrier claim adjusters.
o Ensures that Kemps personnel follow DFA’s directions and processes for handling all property and casualty related insurance and claims matters.
- Ensures that the Kemps Chief Financial Officer and the DFA Director, Insurance are kept fully informed and advised on all Kemps insurance and claims matters.
- Provide recommendations to locations concerning procedures that will minimize exposures.
- Provide assistance to all covered locations addressing their questions and needs.
- Apply general processing procedures, company’s guidelines and analysis of complex claims to resolution.
- Review carrier’s claims invoices and charges for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage and maintain the certificates of insurance provided to Kemps and their covered entities by customers and vendors.
- Request the issuance of certificates of insurance to customers/vendors by the appropriate insurance carrier from DFA Insurance and Safety.
- Process and distribute auto insurance cards on an annual basis or as needed.
- Ensures that all bonds are tracked, new and renewal bonds are address as required.
- Handle a wide range of claims and insurance matters.
- Participates as member of the Kemps Executive Safety Committee.
- Provides support to Kemps Finance team by creating risk and loss analysis reports, annual analysis for adjustment to collateral requirements, annual financial audit reporting, and tax reporting information.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
- Maintain individual project management deadline calendar.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree in insurance or related field, High School Diploma/GED and equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of casualty and property claims handling.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Multi-state workers’ compensation experience regarding the laws, benefits and handling requirements.
- Experience regarding insurance company claims protocols and handling requirements.
- Computer skills for administering the claims database and generating reports using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to interact with and direct insurance company personnel, brokers, legal counsel, and other experts as needed.
- Organize workload to comply with deadlines and priorities while maintaining composure when facing tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with management and department personnel to contribute to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision, exercising a high degree of sound personal judgment in handling routine matters.
Guida's Milk - 18 months ago
Guida's tells you up front what they do best: Milk & Ice Cream. And while that's true, the company also distributes other...