Dietary Aide –Part Time-KTCR-South Bend
Be part of the food team that makes sure our residents' meals not only taste good, but are also good for them. Assist with preparing and serving food as well as cleaning equipment, utensils, and food service areas. You'll enjoy getting to know our residents and they'll certainly appreciate what you do for them.
Dietary Aide Food Preparation Dietician Nutrition Services Food Services Food Server Meal Server
- Prepare resident trays according to instructions/order; employ proper food handling techniques in preparation of food and setting up/serving trays; deliver food, nourishments and supplies to nursing units or other areas as assigned
- Put stock in food storage areas and refrigerators as assigned
- Clean, wash and sanitize dishes, silverware and utensils used to serve residents and others
- Assist in maintaining the general cleanliness of the dishwashing area; clean work area and equipment as assigned.
- Use proper infection control techniques and protective equipment as needed; perform all duties using proper safety techniques.
- Attend and participate in in-service education opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Must have knowledge of safe food preparation and handling techniques and work cooperatively as a member of a team. Should be patient and polite and able to communicate effectively with residents, their family members, other staff, referral sources and physicians. Education at the tenth grade level or above is desirable, along with experience in a dietary department, or large volume food preparation and service. Must be able to read, speak and understand the English language. Should understand the principles of growth and development for the entire life span and be able to provide appropriate care for adolescent, adults and geriatric residents.
If you are a current
IN-South Bend-Kindred Trans Care and Rehab-South Bend
The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business as well as...