The purpose of this position is to operate Adult Day programming for Midland Care. Supervise staffing for Adult Day program and actively participates in and oversee the quality of care provided to participants /clients while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
Operator’s license is required. College degree preferred with 2 years of experience, in a field such as rehabilitative therapy, nursing, social work, recreational therapy or related field. Prefer knowledge of health care delivery systems, regulations, quality assurance and medical and non-medical needs of the elderly. One year experience and interest in working with the elderly is required. Experience working in an interdisciplinary team setting and electronic medical record preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Possesses interpersonal skills that promote interdisciplinary collaboration and communication throughout the organization.
• Oversees the scheduling of adequate staff to meet participant/client needs including recruitment, selection and training of new employees.
• Documents and reports any identified performance issues; initiates progressive discipline when indicated
• Completes performance evaluations of staff per procedure,
• Provides supervision of staff regarding planning, coordination and implementation of all activities in the Day Center,
• Models attendance at Midland events and in-services,
• Assures compliance with appropriate regulations and standards of care.
• Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
• Ensures the adequacy of equipment and supplies.
• Ensures that clients are oriented to the program and have opportunities to express their opinions about the care and services they receive.
• Meets regularly with direct reports to review goals, trends and performance measures to facilitate change as needed.
• Ensures the effective coordination of activities, nutrition, personal care, and other services.
• Ensures the inclusion of opinions and when appropriate, representative staff from contract services in the health service planning process.
• Provides leadership to staff.
• Helps develop the client’s health services plan.
• Facilitates managing and monitoring client’s progress and decline.
• Communicates client changes to the caregiver and/or contracted providers.
• Actively participates in daily team meetings, communicating relevant issues to the team and ensuring all Day Program staff are informed and up to date.
• Fulfills administrative requirements such as completion of forms as necessary, including daily participation reports, statistical records, and data forms and chart entries in a timely and accurate manner.
• Performs all other reasonably related jobs as assigned.
• Maintains a cooperative and supportive work relationship with clients, families and program staff.
• Ensures the provision of quality service within expected standards and financial targets.
• Works with the staff to develop, monitor and maintain systems that assure optimal utilization of resources.
• Develops and recommends annual model percentages for operations and monitors services and ratios to stay within the Midland Model.
• Develops partnerships within the community and educates community members, healthcare providers and educational institutions about Midland philosophy and services.
• Empowers staff to develop community relationships and provide education on Midland.
• Works with peers to move Midland toward its operational and strategic goals.
• Participates in providing education about Midland and its services to new and current employees and outside organizations.
The Midland Way
Other Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Carries out the mission and values of Midland. Articulate Midland Philosophy. Demonstrate a willingness to assist in patient/client and family care as needed. Respect the autonomy and right of confidentiality of patients/clients and families. Demonstrate good customer service the Midland Way at all times. Participate in performance improvement activities. Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with other staff. Come to work in neat, clean attire and consistently present an appropriately professional appearance. Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality. Ability to understand the organization computer system(s) and the software used within the department as applicable to position. Serve as a Universal Employee and accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner. Perform all duties as assigned in an effective manner. Understands and demonstrates compliance with Midland policies and procedures.
Continuously (75 - 100% of time) performs a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, and kneeling. Must be able to stand and walk continuously (75 - 100% of time). Must be able to stand for up to 7 hours at a time to accommodate needs necessary to facilitate clients and program schedule. May have to lift up to fifty pounds maximum less than 25% of the time; May be required to push materials, equipment or furniture less than 10% of the time. The capacity to drive and the availability of a car is preferred.
HIPAA Security Class
Clerical/Clinical: Access to medical records to modify or create. No access to billing or software maintenance.
Telephone, computer, FAX machine, motor vehicle, equipment as identified for completion of assigned interventions, and other equipment as needed.
Individual must wear appropriate attire all of the time and spends most of the time inside.
Midland Care - 14 months ago