GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Senior Hardware Designer leads and executes the design and development of electrical hardware/assemblies used in advanced medical diagnostic ultrasound probes, transducers, laboratory and production test systems. The individual performs design and development of fine-pitch/high-density rigid and flex circuits, interconnections, and cable assemblies. The role includes all aspects of product development including requirements definition, component and assembly design, prototype fabrication, verification and validation testing, and transfer to manufacturing.
• Designing high density flex and rigid circuit layout (schematic capture), interconnections, cable assemblies for digital, FPGA, Analog, and low-level RF.
• Conducting analog circuit design, modeling, simulation, and tradeoff studies. Reviewing and modifying C++, MATLAB, and LabVIEW codes.
• Supporting all phases of product Engaging in all phases of new product introduction, including concept, design, documentation, design, prototype, test, design verification, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
• Identifying and developing new opportunities to leverage Strategic Sourcing objectives and Common Technology initiatives in the ultrasound probes and transducers.
• Ensuring reliability, performance and delivery through supplier relationships
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 5 years engineering experience in a related field
• Expertise with schematic capture and layout using Altium, Cadence, EAGLE, OrCAD, and/or PADs.
• Experience with low noise analog signal and sub-system design, power distribution and control design
• Experience with analog design such voltage translation, data convertor, filter, and power management
• Experience with BGAs and other fine pitch devices and connectors.
• Familiarity with digital design using VHDL or System Verilog.
• Familiarity with various programming languages such as Visual Basic, C, C++, MATLAB, SIMULINK.
• Working knowledge of Mechanical and Thermal aspects of sub-system design and packaging
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience in the Medical Device Industry and Design Controls regulations
• Experience in Ultrasound industry and specifically transducer electronics/hardware
• Demonstrated technical leadership capability in integration activities
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork, coordination and communication skills
• Ability to meet aggressive reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and delivery targets
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Global project experience
• Working experience with PCB/PCA and subsystem design techniques for signal integrity and EMC Circuit design and simulation tool experience
• Knowledge of UL/ETL/IEC standards and how they apply to designs
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future...