Hill Air Force Base provides worldwide engineering and logistics management for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, A-10 Thunderbolt II, and the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile, and performs depot maintenance of the F-16, A-10, and C-130 Hercules aircraft. The base is located between Ogden and Salt Lake City. The area is known for year round activities, including skiing, hiking, boating, extreme sports, fishing and hunting, with four distinct seasons, low humidity and moderate snow fall in the valley.
This position is located in 775 Civil Engineer Sq/CED, however this announcement may be used to fill other positions at Hill Air Force Base.
THIS IS A 90 DAY STANDING REGISTER
90 Day Register: This announcement will result in a 90 day register (list of eligible candidates) that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions:
Current/prior federal civilian applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade, or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT (BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME):
1. Résumé, for each block of work experience you must include mo/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
2. Responses to the on-line Occupational Questionnaire.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Back to top
As an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Support Specialist, GS-0301-09, you will provide administrative and operations support in managing the installations Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) logistics, equipment, and supply management program to insure contingency, mobility, and war readiness.
You will also:
- Provide administrative support in managing and accounting for all equipment assets for the EOD Flight.
- Provide proper accountability, storage, and security of all equipment assets assigned to the EOD Flight.
- Oversee and evaluate the EOD Flights training program.
- Analyze, plan, schedule, and validate training programs and projects.
- Coordinate equipment modernization and process improvement.
- Coordinates Research, Development and Acquisition (RD&A) requirements to ensure new requirements are identified.
Back to top
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform.
Typically, we would find this experience in work within this field that is closely related.
To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level
, pay band or equivalent.
as working knowledge of mobility and war readiness concepts, methodology, requirements, and operating principles; EOD equipment and supplies; quality assurance, analytical, and evaluative methods and techniques.
FOR EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION at the GS-09 Level:
master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION IF USING EDUCATION AS A SUBSTITUTION OF EXPERIENCE.
COMBINING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Equivalent combinations of successfully completed post 1 full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement and specialized experience directly related to the work of the position as outlined above may be used to meet the requirements of the position.
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of all aspects of an operational EOD Flight with emphasis on EOD/munitions training, equipment, and supply to insure readiness.
2. Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, procedures, techniques, and methods to oversee activities for assigned Air Force EOD specializations and functions.
3. Knowledge of hazards associated with explosive and munitions, proper handling and standard storage, and hazardous classifications.
4. Skill in developing training programs and conducting training and testing; written and oral communication as demonstrated in the application and interpretation of applicable instructions and similar documents used in the preparation of training materials, and conducting training classes and/or briefings.
5. Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems, develop economical solutions autonomously and timely in a team setting, and maintain good working relations; Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to retrieve, design, and generate reports, briefing materials, and other documents.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Back to top
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
1. The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary or permanent duty assignments.
2. Incumbent may be required to be on standby after normal duty hours and work varying hours, rotating shifts, and/or significant overtime, to include weekends and holidays, during exercises, contingencies, and as mission requirements dictate.
3. The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid drivers license is required for the position.
INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
This position involves walking, bending, standing, and lifting (up to 25 pounds or more with assistance) to perform inventories in an explosive environment in close proximity to live/exposed munitions.
The majority of work is performed in an office setting with computers and items required to perform administrative type functions. Portions of the duties are required to take place in warehouses, explosive storage facilities or on the EOD explosive training range.
you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance via TDD/TTY, please contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please follow all instructions carefully.
Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility, qualifications, and/or rating.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement:
*Online Application (Questionnaire)
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following Vacancy ID:
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
In Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire, you
that the numbering restarts with number one. When entering your responses on the 1203-FX form please continue to enter your responses on the next available number within this section. The numbers on the 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire once it restarts with number one. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications within 2 business days. A list of required documents for each eligibility may be located
Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Eligibility for appointment under this authority consists of two parts. Click
for more information
Any questions concerning this announcement may be addressed to Andrea S. Rathbun (801)586-1819ANDREA.RATHBUN@HILL.AF.MILThe subject line of your email must indicate the announcement number only (i.e., 8L-Hill-842278-811685). Email inquiries are to address specific questions concerning this announcement.
General inquiries unrelated to a specific announcement will not receive a response
. Responses to inquiries will generally be returned within 2 business days.
· Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Individuals with Disabilities
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING ALL ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION, MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT, Friday, February 22, 2013.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Andrea S. Rathbun
Hill Air Force Base
WILL NOT ACCEPT MAILED APPLICATIONS
PLEASE FAX TO 478-757-3144
Department of the Air Force - 17 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...