Z/OS Systems Programmer
Z/OS Systems Programmer Position.
The position is Fulltime (long term) position. Selected candidates must be willing to join at a short notice.
Location: Richmond, VA
No. Of Positions: 2
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
Provide implementation and technical support for z/OS, Sysplex, Multi-LPAR environment. Shall be responsible for the z/OS operating systems as well as the various OEM products that run on the mainframe
· Support ownership of products, which includes installation, problem determination of these products
· Install software releases or new software products as directed by customer.
· Provide related performance and tuning tasks for software products.
· Provide the day-to-day maintenance of system resources, controls, definitions and configuration parameters for all owned software products.
· Document the technical environment for all owned software products
· Plan and supplement new releases of existing software or new software products within the area of primary responsibility
· Manage, track, augment, and modify the performance and tuning aspects of software products within the area of primary responsibility.
· Define and provide system configuration parameter and construct standards for the base operating system and for all sub-components.
· Conducts the problem resolution process as required for all products within the area of primary responsibility.
· Provides technical guidance and training where necessary, to other customer technical support services.
· Assists in the problem resolution process as required.
- 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
- 2 weeks of vacation and major holidays off.
- Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A professional, challenging environment as part of a world class talented team.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
We will only be able to respond to those candidates that most closely meet our criteria.
A Snapshot about Us
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH)
is the fastest-growing global IT services and business process outsourcing solutions provider, headquartered in Teaneck, N.J. Cognizant’s single-minded passion is to dedicate our global technology and innovation know-how, our industry expertise and worldwide resources to working together with clients to make their businesses stronger.
Today with over 50 delivery centers worldwide and over 1,50,000 employees, Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 1000, and the Fortune 500, and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science graduates with 0-4 years of experience.
Cognizant Technology Solutions remains mindful of the state of your technology. Cognizant provides application maintenance services,...