Brief Description: Persons in this position perform a variety of tasks related to receiving merchandise and maintaining the retail outlet’s inventory management system.
Reports to: General Manager and Director of Retail Systems
Supervises: Receiving Staff of up to 3 people
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the receiving and unloading of shipments of various deliveries.
- Match carton counts to packing slips, invoices or other documents.
- Responsible that the Receiving Team check in, scan, and/or enter items into inventory management system within same day of delivery.
- Inspect boxes for visual damages
- Record damages or short shipments on the drivers BOL or other documents
- Ensures the team follows up on credit requests with shipping company or vendor
- Notify Corporate Allocations department on damages, short shipped or delayed product
- Maintain receiving logs.
- Pack and ship product to other locations as requested by the corporate offices
- Communicate with vendor in regards to mis-shipped or substituted items to be returned
Inventory Management Duties
- Ensures the Receiving Team Scans all incoming shipments into IMS within same day of delivery.
- Verify all items scan into stores POS before sending to departments for processing.
- Close out all receiving documents on a daily basis
- Notify Corporate Allocations of any items that do not scan or do not have bar codes
- Oversees the entry of all department Purchase Orders into the PO Management System
- Notify Department Managers of any Non Approved items on PO’s
- Scan all required documents to Corporate Accounting department within required deadline
- Responsible for training all receiving employees on proper receiving procedures and update team as new processes are implemented or modified.
- Coach & counsel receiving employees regarding their job duties.
- Complies with all Dean & Deluca rules and regulations including safe food handling procedures
- Communicate effectively with all Store GM and Corporate Departments
- Prepare and submit reports as requested.
- Maintain safe work environment.
- Support all Company policies and procedures.
- 1-2 years of prior receiving or similar experience.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior retail experience preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Flexibility to perform assigned tasks independently or as part of a work team.
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines.
- Ability to read and write in the English language
Dean & Deluca - 2 years ago
You could go to Manhattan's tony SoHo neighborhood for a taste of Dean & DeLuca, but increasingly, you don't have to. The...