This position is responsible for marketing the TTUHSC Permian Basin in a variety of ways, assist with planning events for Texas Tech Physicians, community events and fundraising efforts. Coordinate media interview requests, oversee advertising efforts for TTUHSC Permian Basin. Maintain and update the Permian Basin website.
- Markets the Permian Basin campus in a variety of ways for events.
- Writes news releases and stories for the campus using AP style writing.
- Compiles and distributes campus newsletter.
- Coordinates media interview requests.
- Develops marketing plans and strategies for the Permian Basin.
- Coordinates all efforts concerning marketing and communications for the Permian Basin and Texas Tech Physicians ( TTP ).
- Maintains and updates any Permian Basin social media sites weekly.
- Plans and implements initiatives to enhance public opinion of TTUHSC .
- Maintains positive working relationship between TTUHSC and media (local, state, and national).
- Conducts news conferences.
- Assists with content and determines placements for advertising.
- Updates TTP website from information provided by clinic administrators and managers.
- Conducts day-to-day activities of the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Director at main campus (Lubbock); duties could also include photography as needed at events.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related area plus three years’ supervisory (projects, processes, etc.) experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience to equal seven years.
- Proven track record of successful partnerships with local media.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Photography experience.
- Understanding of social media management and online marketing.
- Experience using web content management systems and blogging platforms.
- Mastery of standard design applications such as Adobe Creative Suite on Mac or PC platform.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Permian Basin
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
3083.33 - 5333.33
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard