Examines, analyzes, evaluates, and authorizes or recommends approval/denial of customer applications for commercial loans. Monitors and maintains existing commercial loan portfolio. Provides customer service to commercial Bank clients. Interfaces with other Bank employees in order to supply a full range of banking services to customers. Reports to and supports the activities of the Commercial Banking Team Leader and/or Market President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Interviews applicants and analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and collateral evaluation to determine feasibility of granting credit. Coordinate with Credit Analyst/Credit Department when applicable.
• Approves loans within specified limits or submits for approval to superiors and/or loan committee.
• Monitors or coordinates monitoring of existing loans through the ongoing review of financial statements, customer and community interfacing, and review of internal reports.
• Resolves customer questions/complaints through direct involvement or through coordination with other bank employees.
• Cross-sells bank products to clients & prospects in order to meet individual Commercial Loan Officer goals, specifically including depository & fee goals. In addition, refer clients to other internal bank professionals in order to meet all the banking needs of clients.
• Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
• Assists the Senior Commercial Loan Officer as needed in order to achieve the Department and bank wide goals.
Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning hiring, staffing, training, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations. Provides leadership by example at all times, through support and endorsement of bank policy.
CONTROL RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
Become knowledgeable regarding the department's internal controls as outlined in the policies and procedures and comply with all control requirements.
Ability to comprehend and adhere to Federal and State banking regulations, Company policies and procedures, and successfully participate in regulatory and Company training requirements via multiple and variable delivery methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Reliable transportation required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, speak and sit. This position regularly uses a computer (keyboard/mouse/screen) and telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally bend, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily works in an office environment with cubicles and private offices
• The individual will also be required to visit with existing and potential Bank clients outside the Bank
Capital Bank - 10 months ago
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...