Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The main function of this position is to ensure that all Morris Alaska products reach and expand their audiences and revenue from those audiences, through our print and online products as well as through other media, events and visibility in and beyond Alaska.
This includes all local distribution and circulation aspects of our publications to deliver audience for our advertisers, increase our readership and increase brand awareness. Maintaining positive relationships with all key contacts at all distribution locations is paramount.
This job includes being leading current and new events, as well as contests and promotions, to promote our products and also generate new revenue. This also includes using new, digital and social media to expand our audience and brand. This role includes working closing with our management team of advertising directors and editors to exceed their revenue and audience goals.
- Lead marketing functions under supervision of regional vice president
- Work closely with advertising directors and editors to reach our revenue and circulation goals.
- Handles local/statewide distribution of all newspaper and magazine products. This includes tracking and maintaining current distribution locations and adding new locations regularly.
- Maintains key relationships with contacts at all distribution locations.
- Lead special events to promote all magazine and newspapers and generate event revenue where possible
- Track and implement plans to grow online audience of all products through all digital media
- Support ad teams in organization and preparation of sales collateral
- Lead special events for the Anchorage office
- Lead development of strategic partnerships with key industry and market groups.
- Support email, online and social media marketing strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Takes lead in ensuring our publications reach intended audiences
- Maintain all relationships with businesses in regards to product placement.
- Assist Ad Directors and Circulation Manager with strategic planning and identifying market opportunities for new distribution and marketing opportunities.
- Maintain, in partnership with Circulation Manager all paperwork and reports for distribution of products.
- Make regular on-site visits to hotels and other local distribution points
- Make delivery drops of products in partnership with Circulation Manager to businesses or clients as necessary.
- Ensure we use every available opportunity to protect and expand good image of our products and brands
- Act as liaison with clients for events/promotions.
- Promote all publications through email, online, in-house advertising
- Lead all special events, details, planning, sponsorships etc.
- Work with local associations on sponsorship opportunities and trade show exhibits that fit our products.
- Regularly attend community events to represent our publications
- Implement advertising-related and circulation-related contests, including maintaining contest rules and fulfillment of prizes.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years experience, ideally in media, and a proven events track record.
- Superior written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to attend events outside of regular work hours, including weekends.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented as well as creative and flexible.
- Must be able to work independently as well as collaborate with all departments.
- Must possess integrity, optimism, a strong work ethic, and an upbeat positive attitude.
- Online and social media expertise.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be over 21 years of age.
Morris Communications Company, LLC - 18 months ago