Sandler Trade LLC is a consulting firm whose goal is to make international trade happen - especially with developing economies. The firm’s website is http://sandlertrade.com.
To Apply: Provide Resume, Cover Letter, and Writing Samples.
Sandler Trade LLC seeks a full-time senior trade analyst with a strong trade background, excellent analytic, writing and editing skills, who will lead projects and ensure the quality of firm deliverables. The analyst will work collaboratively as part of the firm’s team to assist embassies, businesses, and artisans and producer groups expand their trade with the United States through regulatory compliance, trade promotion, and direct foreign investment.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Leads projects from their initiation through their completion, including client relations and project staff management.
- Conducts trade analyses and prepares strategies that support the firm’s goal of making international trade happen and firm projects.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and other materials that include trade data and trends for clients, prospects and conferences.
- Prepares petitions and comments to U.S. and other governments.
- Identifies opportunities and develops proposals for project funding.
- Ensures the quality of firm deliverables and business development materials.
- Direct experience with (preferred) or strong knowledge of trade-related program for developing countries, including those administered by USTR, U.S. Department of Commerce, USAID, World Bank, Export-Import Bank.
- Strong analytical and research skills with experience in trade data, tariff information and the U.S. regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex projects that have staff, client and budgetary responsibilities.
- Creative self-starter and team player, who learns quickly, is comfortable working on new issues, and delivers high quality work in a timely fashion.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, whose results are high-quality, concise, and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, graduate degree preferred, with a focus on international trade, microfinance, social entrepreneurship, international development, and/or international business.
- Qualifications that are a plus: international experience and/or background, desire to work with a social entrepreneurial firm operating in the intersection of international trade and sustainable business growth in developing economies, and/or multilingual abilities.